Director, Forensic Accounting
Treliant is a multi-industry consulting firm that services organizations around the globe. Our firm services financial institutions, consumer-oriented businesses, other corporations, and law firms. As a firm of leading professionals from industry and government, we assist our clients in navigating anti-fraud, ant-corruption and regulatory requirements and best practices, while meeting strategic and operational objectives. Our advisory and assurance services and specialized, high-quality business solutions strengthen our clients’ corporate and regulatory compliance programs, risk management, and business performance. We also provide comprehensive support for corporate and regulatory investigations, litigation, and as government agency monitors and independent consultants. We serve companies from Main Street to Wall Street and across the globe. For more information, visit www.Treliant.com.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Forensic Accounting Director to join our fast growing Treliant Advisory business. We are looking for individuals who seek exciting, long-term career challenges and have a genuine interest in the area of forensic/investigative accounting and litigation support services. Successful individuals in this field are self-motivated, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and enjoy a wide variety of work experiences and challenges. In this role he/she will be a key person helping us to expand our Corporate & Regulatory Investigations, Litigation Support practice at Treliant.
Treliant seeks to hire an outstanding Forensic Accounting Director. The Director will be directly responsible for reviewing accounting, business records while providing detailed analysis to help uncover essential facts and insights. The Forensic Accounting Director will play an integral role in building and expanding the Financial Investigations service line and will assist in designing the scope of work for various engagements.
· Perform complete analysis of accounting, finance, and economic issues in the context of business transactions; provide recommendations where applicable
· Review documents to identify items relevant to investigation
· Compile and analyze facts to formulate, substantiate and/or critique various damages theories, claims or conclusions
· Effectively facilitate and lead project teams
· Draft reports of findings including the preparation of tables, exhibits and charts
· Assist with engagement management administration, including budgeting, billing and control
· Balance multiple projects and responsibilities
· Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management
· Initiate and develop relationships with working level of client team
· Assist in the coaching, mentoring, and counselling of staff
· Assist with the preparation of proposals; participate in marketing initiatives
· Research market issues and identify market opportunities
· Demonstrate an understanding of risks associated with various engagements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Minimum of 5 – 10 years of technical and financial advisory experience related to forensic accounting, investigation, audit or litigation services
· Bachelors required; CPA, ACCA and CFE preferred; MBA, ASA, and/or CFA a plus
· Demonstrated experience in business and strategic planning, managing client relationships
· Ability to create and deliver client service work that exceeds client expectations
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Must be flexible with the travel requirements of client service projects
· Public accounting or audit experience in a professional services firm preferred
· Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral
· A strong accounting, finance, and/or economics background
· Familiarity with compliance and regulatory issues
· Strong analytical abilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and very strong organizational skills
· Excellent judgment, strong leadership skills and ability to handle a wide range of matters
· Highly motivated, proactive, able to work independently and as part of a team with a substantially high degree of initiative and drive
· Ability to identify and analyze regulatory and compliance issues in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment on a global basis
· Experience in the Financial Services Industry a plus
- High achievement – orientation and entrepreneurial
- Team driven , completely oriented towards collaborative practice methods
- Passion for excellence and a desire to have a significant positive impact on growth
Ideal candidates possess the following traits:
- An interest in building a business
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, high moral and ethical behavior
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to establish credibility with clients
- A high level of knowledge in forensic accounting
- Sense of urgency, creativity coupled with the ability / willingness to work hard and well, under pressure.
- A positive, results-oriented style, evidenced by listening, motivating, delegating, and influencing.
Treliant offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefit package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. In addition to a competitive base salary, candidate is eligible for incentive pay as well as a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, and 401k plan.
If you want to be part of a dynamic team of professionals join Treliant. We invest in people, and challenge you to advance your career while achieving your aspirations and goals. Here at Treliant, we pride ourselves on our collaborative team culture, where we embrace diversity of thought and innovation. If you strive for excellence and seek an inclusive environment apply on line www.treliant.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Treliant LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability, or military status in employment or provision of services. When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office so that proper arrangements can be made.