Treliant is a multi-industry consulting firm that services organizations around the globe. Our firm services financial institutions, consumer-oriented businesses, other corporations, and law firms. As a firm of leading professionals from industry and government, we assist our clients in navigating anti-fraud, ant-corruption and regulatory requirements and best practices, while meeting strategic and operational objectives. Our advisory and assurance services and specialized, high-quality business solutions strengthen our clients’ corporate and regulatory compliance programs, risk management, and business performance. We also provide comprehensive support for corporate and regulatory investigations, litigation, and as government agency monitors and independent consultants. We serve companies from Main Street to Wall Street and across the globe. For more information, visit www.Treliant.com.
Managers serve as critical drivers of Treliant engagements from execution to completion. To be successful you will act timely on emerging issues, work under tight deadlines, communicate effectively with all levels of staff and clients, innovatively solve complex problems and prioritize multiple tasks independently. You have demonstrated a depth of expertise in one or more of the firm’s practice areas, and exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit, operate with a sense of urgency and maintain the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change quickly.
- Provide leadership through detailed planning, organizing, coordinating and monitoring of project requirements against a determined timeline
- Apply industry experience to meet or exceed client needs and expectations within required timelines and commitments
- Liaise effectively with clients and collaborators and serve as the main contact for day-to-day aspects of one or more engagements
- Drive multiple, concurrent work streams, review specific deliverables and ensure that project deadlines are met
- Assist in the creation and delivery of proposals/presentations for new and existing clients
- Drive business development through client interactions and effective sharing with the upper management team
- Learn how to read military orders, performing research into insightful and actionable reports and analyses in support of project teams and departments within the organization
- Draft summaries of qualitative or quantitative analysis for senior management and clients
- Contribute to the regular status reporting for various projects, which includes learning internal and external tools used to support our clients and service areas
- Maintain flexibility with respect to assigned tasks due to changing deadlines, deliverables and priorities
- Continuously evaluate opportunities and processes to enhance efficiencies and independently solve challenges
- Relate effectively with clients at all levels, both internally and externally, and adapt to different styles and expectations in order to deliver high-quality work
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics
5-7 years in a CRM SalesForce environment, or applicable work experience
Knowledge of the Service Members Civil Relief Act – SCRA remediation processes
Advanced knowledge in one or more core of Treliant’s practice areas
Strong knowledge of laws, regulations and industry best practices and practical knowledge of business operations of financial institutions
- Ability to identify compliance risks and competently and clearly advise clients on complex matters
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and adapt quickly in handling multiple/evolving tasks as a result of new engagements and/or re-prioritized deadlines
- Strong research, analysis, problem-solving, decision-making and relationship management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving ability and a collaborative, consultancy mindset
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Must be able to travel at least 50%-75% of the time
Ideal candidates possess the following traits:
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, high moral and ethical behavior
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to establish credibility with clients
- A high level of knowledge in financial institutions
- Sense of urgency, creativity coupled with the ability / willingness to work hard and well, under pressure.
- A positive, results-oriented style, evidenced by listening, motivating, delegating, and influencing.
- Previous experience as a file reviewer is a plus.
Treliant offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefit package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. In addition to a competitive base salary, candidate is eligible for incentive pay as well as a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, and 401k plan.
If you want to be part of a dynamic team of professionals join Treliant. We invest in people, and challenge you to advance your career while achieving your aspirations and goals. Here at Treliant, we pride ourselves on our collaborative team culture, where we embrace diversity of thought and innovation. If you strive for excellence and seek an inclusive environment apply on line www.treliant.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Treliant LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability, or military status in employment or provision of services. When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office so that proper arrangements can be made.