Consumer Fraud Investigations - Project Based Employee
Global Financial Crimes Compliance service line has an immediate opportunity
for a Consumer Fraud Investigator. On a project basis, the following duties/skill are required:
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and independently assess client internal fraud investigations procedures or DOIs to assess completeness and accuracy relative to internal policy and applicable regulatory requirements and expectations (e.g., Reg E, FTC, CFPB, BSA).
- Review and independently assess a sample of fraud investigations to assess conformance to internal procedure or DOI.
- Utilize the client’s fraud investigative tools (as available) to conduct independent review of fraud investigative cases.
- Prepare observations from review and analysis through compiling of review notes, documentation and resolution.
- Interact with various client compliance and operational staff, customer service areas, and management in conducting review.
- Knowledge of money remitter wire transfer consumer fraud transaction patterns, typologies, and scams as well as fraudulent funds transfer detection methods.
- Knowledge of money remitter laws, regulations and policies and practices inclusive of but not limited to state, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Reg E regulations and Privacy and Identity Theft.
- Strong analysis skills to identify negative trends and changes in customer transaction behavior for fraud and suspicious activity leading to wire fraud and movement of illicit funds and knowledge of necessary actions required to mitigate risk and reduce potential financial loss.
- Five (5) years of consumer remittance fraud investigations and related back-office operational roles at either bank, money remitter, payment processor, broker-dealer or insurance company including Fraud (preferred), AML, Credit or Risk.
- Three (3) years of experience conducting investigations either at bank, money remitter, payment processor, broker-dealer or insurance company and/or Law Enforcement agencies including Fraud (preferred), AML, Credit or Risk.
- One (1) year of experience conducting quality assurance of investigations either at bank, money remitter, payment processor, broker-dealer or insurance company and/or Law Enforcement agencies including Fraud (preferred), AML, Credit or Risk.
- Knowledge of and experience with investigations, investigative techniques, interviewing of potential suspects or customer victims via phone and/or in person, security and fraud prevention.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must to work effectively with all levels of consultants and client staff.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in various software applications including Excel, Word, electronic mail and banking systems.
- Experience with Lexis Nexis and Negative News Searches.
- Domestic and internal travel as needed.
Treliant LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability, or military
status in employment or provision of services. When contacted
for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a
disability should notify the office so that proper arrangements can be made.